External Applicant Privacy Notice
This External Applicant Privacy Notice describes how McKesson Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("McKesson", "We" or "Us") handle and protect personal information in connection with the recruiting process at McKesson. McKesson values the trust that you place in us to appropriately use and protect information shared with us. We encourage you to read this External Applicant Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before submitting or providing any personal information to McKesson. For more information regarding McKesson privacy practices on www.mckesson.com/careers please refer to our website Privacy Notice.
By making available your personal information, you confirm and consent that:
- You have reviewed this External Applicant Privacy Notice and agree that McKesson may process your personal information in accordance with this External Applicant Privacy Notice, other applicable laws, and contractual obligations; and
- Your personal information may be transferred and processed worldwide, including in countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this External Applicant Privacy Notice.
Without your personal information, McKesson cannot process your application for employment. If you prefer an alternate way to apply to a job, please contact us for assistance.
This External Applicant Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to job applicants hired by McKesson.
This External Applicant Privacy Notice covers any personal information McKesson may collect from you in connection with the recruiting process at McKesson. To submit your personal information, you may use various electronic and paper methods. In addition to collecting your personal information directly from you, McKesson may collect it from other third parties (i.e., recruiters, former employers, and law enforcement agencies) or through your interaction with McKesson websites and other public sources.
This personal information may include:
- Name and contact information, such as telephone number, physical address, email, and user name;
- Date of birth, Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, and National ID number;
- Previous work experience, education, language, and other skills;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications;
- Awards and professional memberships;
- Audio and video recordings of interviews;
- Employment and background checks, employment reference, and criminal history.
Sensitive Personal Information
During the recruiting process, McKesson may process and transfer sensitive personal information. In certain jurisdictions, express consent may be required for the collection and use of certain sensitive personal information. McKesson will obtain this consent as required by applicable law.
The personal information considered sensitive depending on the jurisdiction, but may include medical or health conditions, financial information, racial or ethnic origin, gender and sexual orientation, disability, military status, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and/or criminal convictions. Exceptions to express consent requirements may apply where the disclosure of sensitive data is necessary for McKesson to carry out their employment law obligations and for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
We would prefer that you avoid submitting your sensitive information, except where such information is legally required or needed for us to comply with our legal or contractual obligations and/or internal policies.
Collection and Use
McKesson will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is relevant and reasonably necessary to accomplish legitimate business purposes for which it is collected and used. We will collect and use your personal information in accordance with this External Applicant Privacy Notice, applicable law, and contractual obligations and for the following purposes:
- Search and evaluate candidate job qualifications;
- Process job applications;
- Record-keeping related to human resources and recruiting purposes;
- Analyze the recruitment process and outcome;
- Conduct criminal history, background, and employment checks;
- Communicate regarding your inquiries, requests, applications, and/or send important notices;
- Comply with applicable law and contractual obligations; and
- Conduct surveys concerning your experience with McKesson.
If McKesson has the need to use and/or disclose your personal information for secondary purposes (for example, benchmarking), the data set will be aggregated, de-identified, or rendered anonymous prior to such use or disclosure.
After you provide your personal information to McKesson, we will add it to McKesson's international candidate database and will use it for the purposes of considering suitability for other job vacancies at McKesson. If we elect to make you an offer, personal information you submit may be incorporated into McKesson human resources information system and used to manage the new-hire process. If you become a McKesson employee, any personal information that you submit may become part of your employee file and may be used for other employment/work-related purposes, including:
- Payroll, compensation, and benefits administration including stock administration;
- Business travel and employee relocation administration;
- Employee management and discipline;
- Employee appraisal, training, and development;
- Tracking the engagement of McKesson outside service workers (including temps and other non-employees);
- Employee identification;
- Reimbursement of expenses;
- Compliance and risk management;
- Business communication with employees;
- Internal technical and operational support; and
- McKesson facility, security, health, and safety management.
If you are offered an online digital interaction screening or recording interview process, you may always decline and opt to schedule in-person or over-the-phone discussions with our recruitment team.
Where McKesson intends to use personal information in a manner not directly related to the purposes listed in this External Applicant Privacy Notice, you will be provided an opportunity to opt-out of the specific use of your personal information. Notwithstanding that you may have opted-out of the disclosure of your personal information, McKesson reserves the right to disclose your personal information:
- To the extent and for the period necessary to avoid prejudicing McKesson's legitimate interests in making promotions, appointments, or other similar employment decisions;
- To service providers acting as McKesson's agent, that is, performing tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of McKesson; and/or
- Where otherwise permitted under applicable law.
McKesson will limit disclosure of personal information, internally and externally, to those with a business "need to know" and in accordance with this External Applicant Privacy Notice, applicable law, and contractual obligations. McKesson will take steps to help ensure appropriate protections are in place before we share or disclose personal information with any third party service provider.
We may provide your personal information to other third parties:
- To provide services to support the recruitment process at McKesson as well as to facilitate post-offer processes and certain steps involved in initiating the employment relationship. These third parties are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services.
- As required by applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- To protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety, or the health and safety of others.
- To investigate fraud, illegal activity, or respond to a government request.
- To respond to an emergency.
- As required for a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of assets. In such a case, the successor company will acquire the same rights and obligations that McKesson has related to your personal information.
Your personal information will be also reviewed by McKesson employees or agents who have a business need to access such personal information and may include recruiters, human resources personnel, technical services personnel, and managers or their designees.
If you become a McKesson employee, McKesson discloses the following personal information to all McKesson employees: names, titles, company-provided user identifications, office mailing or physical address, work telephone numbers, company-provided or company-reimbursed mobile numbers and work email addresses. McKesson employees will use and disclose such personal information only for legitimate business purposes.
International Data Transfer
McKesson is a global company. To see a list of countries please visit: http://www.mckesson.com/contact-us/locations. McKesson may transfer your personal information to the United States and other countries where it operates or where its third parties operate. This allows us to provide you with access to job opportunities around the globe. McKesson maintains employment data protection standards globally that are consistent with this External Applicant Privacy Notice.
McKesson will not transfer your personal information to a third party unless the third party agrees to provide the level of privacy protection consistent with applicable law McKesson will not transfer your personal information to a third party unless the third party agrees to provide the level of privacy protection consistent with applicable law. Also, McKesson adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework as agreed to between the United States (US) and the European Union (EU), and publicly certifies that it complies with the Privacy Shield Principles published by the U.S. Department of Commerce for the transfer of HR Personal Information from the EU to the US. Please read the McKesson Privacy Shield Policy to understand the privacy principles that McKesson follows with respect to transfer of Personal Information from the EU to the US.
Access, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
Where required by applicable law, McKesson will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information that we hold about you. In responding to a request for access, McKesson may require you to provide us with sufficient information to confirm your identity in order to locate responsive information, to identify your concerns which led to or motivated the request, and to identify which McKesson companies you interacted with, and the nature of the information requested.
You must ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date, and notify McKesson when there are changes so we can be sure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use. If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may, to the extent permitted or required by applicable law, request that your personal information be corrected.
You may also request deletion of your personal information. McKesson will take reasonable steps to correct or delete your personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete, except where retention is required by applicable law, contractual obligations, or McKesson policies.
McKesson may refuse your request for access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances. If McKesson denied your access, correction, or deletion, we will notify you.
Retention of Personal Information
McKesson retains personal information relating to candidates applying for jobs in accordance with McKesson policies and practices, applicable law and contractual obligations.
If there is no activity in relation to the personal information, McKesson may remove it from its database, subject to its data retention obligations, policies, and any applicable legal or regulatory obligations or for the period of time permitted by local laws, for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other opportunities. Note that McKesson may delete personal information about you at any time (including your CV/résumé), without any reason. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the personal information provided to us.
Although you may change your personal information, McKesson may retain in backup or inactive files the uncorrected or outdated personal information. Such information may be retained for several reasons, including backups for disaster recovery planning, dispute resolution purposes, troubleshooting, and enforcement of agreements.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson uses reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative industry safeguards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. Do not send sensitive personal information via email. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever communicating with us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the External Applicant Privacy Notice
McKesson may periodically update this External Applicant Privacy Notice. The updated version will be made available on this site for you to review.
If you have questions or concerns about McKesson privacy practices described in this External Applicant Privacy Notice, please email McKesson at email@example.com. You may also write to:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Careers)
Global Privacy Office, 3rd floor
2 National Data Plaza, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329